Cambrai Covers Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Propeller Covers

Go down

Propeller Covers Empty Propeller Covers

Post by Admin Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:12 pm

From a Customer...
I have been contemplating the prop covering options for a little while, and on reflection, the full spinner cover may be overkill for a plane that lives in a hanger. I liked it but I realise I was tending to push on the spinner, when I shouldn’t really, and the spinner cover was to allow me to do this. Do you possibly have a picture of one of your blade socks, as in reality they should afford protection from knocks. Can they be padded at all?

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://cambraicovers.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Propeller Covers Empty Re: Propeller Covers

Post by Admin Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:19 pm

A spinner cover isn’t really overkill, as it keeps contamination out of the spinner and protects the paint, but the socks are perfectly secure without the spinner being covered…and yes, they can be quilted or firm foam padded as options.

Blade socks are exactly the same whether with or without the spinner cover, but of course, we don’t fit the Velcro panels to the blade roots if we’re not making a spinner cover.

Propellers are an expensive and much overlooked part of just about every light aircraft, and really one of the most important parts to protect with a cover whether hangared or parked outside. They should be kept as clean as possible (especially the backs of the blades, as that's the surface that does all the work, but because it's black it often isn't obvious that its dirty. Wipe down every flight!

Very interesting topic - thanks for the question!

Best Regards,
Michael

Admin
Admin

https://cambraicovers.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down